birding-aus

Best compact zoom lens camera

To: "" <>
Subject: Best compact zoom lens camera
From: Michael Hunter <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:53:47 +1100
Apologies for the last message, it's somewhere in my IPhone .

I am had a Panasonic compact with 24x optical zoom which was lightweight, hung
around my neck on a shortened strap, above the Swarovskis, leaving both hands
free, didn't catch on vegetation was easy to use for simple recording shots.
BUT it had an almost useless manual focus so that instead of the head of the
bird in back of the tree it focused on branches and leaves.

       It drowned in the humidity of West Papua, while taking pics of Wilsons
BoP from a hide, I got one exposure of that incredible bird.  A new Canon with
super zoom on that trip also seized up.

          So does anyone actually know of (reading the specs on Camera
Warehouse or talking to their experts ain't enough) a lightweight
humidity-proof compact with fast and precise manual focus on a 24x shake
compensated lens?

             TIA

                   Michael

Sent from my iPhone