birding-aus

Responsibility for Night Parrot conservation

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Responsibility for Night Parrot conservation
From: "Shirley Cook" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:21:28 +1100
Dear all,

For your consideration, I pass on this comment from a friend who has had many
productive years and experience dealing with the Queensland Wildlife
authorities:

"John Young's bizarre views on society are his own business and perhaps he
ruminates on them as he moves around the outback on government-provided roads
('The depths some twitchers will go to tick the Night Parrot', 20 Feb).

"The conservation of the Night Parrot is, in the present case, the
responsibility of the Queensland Wildlife authorities and for better or worse
the information to allow them to get on with it should be given over to them.
At least we will know that the effort is in the hands of a disinterested group
which will work in the interests of the bird and not in the interests of some
longer range plan perhaps involving, dare I say it, the profit motive."

Regards

Shirley Cook
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list