birding-aus

Possible Pectoral Sandpiper

To: "'Thomas Wilson'" <>, "'birding aus'" <>
Subject: Possible Pectoral Sandpiper
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:42:00 +1100
Just arrived back from the Waterbird Refuge at Sydney Olympic Park where I
met up with fellow local birder, Adrian Hicks.  Neither of us saw a Pectoral
Sandpiper, but there were two Sharp-tailed Sandpipers.  Most of the time the
Sharpies were either on the edge or just within the area of saltmarsh
furthest away from the hide, about 50 m to the right of the hide, probably
the same area that Tom saw his bird.  So I tend to agree with Max and others
that the possible Pectoral was indeed a Sharpie.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW