birding-aus

Feral Cat Kills Night Parrot

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>, "'Greg Roberts'" <>
Subject: Feral Cat Kills Night Parrot
From: Tony Palliser <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:56:00 +1100
I am concerned about the length of time it would take to introduce.    There
is a pressing need to act NOW!    Anyone any thoughts on what we could do to
help?  The New Zealanders are experts at destroying cats I was part of such
a program myself years ago on Little Barrier where cyanide was used with
great success.  Obviously not possible over all of Australia, but may be
feasible within a controlled area.   Just typing out loud and feeling a tad
frustrated.