birding-aus

Fwd: Rock Parrots at Lancelin WA

To: "" <>
Subject: Fwd: Rock Parrots at Lancelin WA
From: Patrick Scully <>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:46:22 +1100
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Scully <>
Date: Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Subject: Rock Parrots at Lancelin WA
To: Kev Lobotomi <>

Hi Kev,
No photos.  It is possible that they were the feral population that you
mentioned.  I am going to print out Tim Dolby'r trip report and he has
 photos of Western Corellas.  This is the link to his site.
http://tim-dolby.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/western-australias-wonderful-south-west_29.html

 But your right about the throat.  On some I could see no red at all.  I
was trying my best to follow the drawing and to notice every feature and so
I was was trying very hard to find red on the throat which I thought
(incorrectly) was something to look for.  It was only apparent when a bird
would lift up its head as shown in Tim's photo too.
All the best,
Patrick

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list