birding-aus

Scarlet Honeyeaters

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Scarlet Honeyeaters
From: David Bishop <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:58:33 +1100
I returned from Vietnam on 8 January to my property on the outskirts of
Armidale, NSW to discover that the Angophora sp trees were in flower.
Commensurate with this event were rather vocal and moderately large numbers of
Scarlet Honeyeater, calling, singing and feeding at the inflorescences. I note
Angophoras are flowering in the neighbourhood and around town, however, I was
wondering just to what extent this event was taking place? And if anyone else
had observed a similar had enjoyed a similar encounter with Scarlet Honeyeaters
I would be most interested to hear form them. I checked with my neighbour and
to my surprise she has not seen any at all. This is the first time in our 4.6
years of ownership of this property other than two brief sightings of single
birds that we have encountered this species on our property.

David

P. O. Box 1234, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>