birding-aus

Advertisement (of sorts) for Mitchell Plateau charters

To: <>
Subject: Advertisement (of sorts) for Mitchell Plateau charters
From: Patricia M Maher <>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 21:58:26 +1100
At the end of our Top End tour each year we run an optional one-day charter
to the Mitchell Plateau that involves a fixed-wing to the Mitchell Plateau
airstrip and then helicopters to the campground. This day is not part of our
commercial Top End tour in that we don¹t charge our Top End participants, or
the ?outsiders¹ who elect to join them, any professional guiding fee for the
day. The cost of the charters is divided among those going. If we get ten
birders going (the maximum we'd like), the cost will be $850 each. If we get
nine birders, it will be $945 each. The benefit to us is that with others
sharing the charter costs, it lowers the cost for our Top End participants.
In the past we¹ve always had three or four others join us and it has worked
well for everyone. The Aviair (formerly Slingair) plane is a 13 seat Cessna
208B Grand Caravan, and the two Helispirit (formerly Heliworks) helicopters
are six-seat LongRangers. Black grasswren, Kimberley honeyeater and the
yellow-eyed form of partridge pigeon are the key birds for the day.

The flight leaves Kununurra early morning on 7 June and arrives back into
Kununurra mid afternoon. It is a spectacular flight over to the plateau and
back.

Contact me for further details if you¹re interested. There is a little bit
more information on the Top End itinerary.
http://www.philipmaher.com/TopEnditinerary2015.html

Patricia Maher

Australian Ornithological Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 385
South Yarra 3141
Victoria
Australia