birding-aus

Possible Black Petrel on Fingal Beach

To: "" <>
Subject: Possible Black Petrel on Fingal Beach
From: Nick Talbot <>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 19:48:01 +1000
http://s273.photobucket.com/user/eve_jean_talbot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html

Hi - I walked the length of Fingal Beach near Tweed Heads this afternoon. I was
checking the beach for a Little Tern colony (there are signs in the surf club
car park about them possibly being around). I didn't find any little terns but
I did find this bird sitting on the sand about 2km from the surf club. It was
definitely alive. It looked to me like a Black Petrel (see attached an iPhone
photo). I thought the heavy rain through the night and morning might have
affected it,
Nick Talbot

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list