birding-aus

Satin Bower Birds on the Georges River

To: <>
Subject: Satin Bower Birds on the Georges River
From: "Chris Lloyd" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 09:53:33 +1100
In the course of following some POWLs along the Georges I have come across
quite a few Satin Bowerbirds and bowers in the more mesic areas and in
people's backyards. They appear to be a bit of an urban success story where
the block sizes are relatively large and/or adjacent to remnant bushland and
parks. The Georges River area is perfect for this and a food supply of
native and exotic fruits. Their numbers have grown sufficiently for them to
appear on the POWLs radar and I am pretty sure I have some feathers and a
pellet with their remains. Carver's Road area suits both species given the
sightings. Ciao

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>