birding-aus

I-Pod speaker

To: "" <>
Subject: I-Pod speaker
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 00:06:47 +1100
I've acquired a new I-Phone 6+ and have noticed that various external
speakers that connect with older I-Phone models do not connect with
this one.
Has anyone else noticed this and found a solution?

Yes, no.

There are Lightning (new) to 30-pin (old) adapters - but most only allow charging. Some adapter cables also have a 3.5mm plug for audio; I suspect that these only provide charging and audio out - but no controls (volume, next/prev. track etc.)

The iPod Classic was the last of the 30-pin devices; I looked at getting one to replace an iPod Nano 2nd gen. (the battery is dying) - but stocks were already low (and prices high.) When the time comes, I'll take my chances pulling it apart to
replace the battery.