birding-aus

Semi-palmated Plover

To: "'Dean Cutten'" <>, <>
Subject: Semi-palmated Plover
From: "Martin Woodward" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 21:09:12 +1100
Hi Dean,

Unfortunately I couldn't locate the Semi-palmated Plover a Pelican Point
despite four hours searching yesterday afternoon.
We spent several hours scoping the exposed Pelican Point reef at high tide
and then walked along the beach east of the point as the tide dropped.
Saw plenty of Red-necked Stints on the beach, and some nice birds on the
exposed reef earlier including Fairy Terns, Pacific Golden Plovers and a
Greater Sand-plover, but no SPP.
However it could still possibly be there because quite a few waders stayed
on the reef during our entire stay just resting amongst the myriad of small
rocks.
They were difficult to locate and some probably hidden from view.

Thanks to Bob Green and others who contacted me to give me some pointers.

Regards

Martin Woodward