birding-aus

Reply Pieter de Groot Boersma regarding Yandina Wetlands

To: "'Greg Roberts'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Reply Pieter de Groot Boersma regarding Yandina Wetlands
From: "Ken Cross" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:40:57 +1000
Hi all,

Not that Greg needs my help in expression I'd like to add my support to his
comments.

It is easy to accept an apology when you are miles and miles away from the
trespass that occurred. It is easy to accept an apology when you cannot clearly
understand the importance of the land in our local context. It is easy to
accept an apology if this was an  innocent error - it was not.

It is not a good message when you 'knowingly' ignore local advice, break a law
and then believe that mouthing 'sorry' will bring you national support and
forgiveness.

I'm sorry this happened. I'm sorry Greg has lost some standing with the land
owners. I'm sorry that we can now not take part in a survey. I'm sorry that the
land may never be purchased by the Council for conservation. I'm sorry that
Peter can leave and put it all behind him and continue to wonder what all the
fuss was about.

I'm sorry  - I'm angry!

Love and Seasons greetings to all,
Ken Cross