birding-aus

Long-billed Dowitcher on Lake Tutchewop

To: "Birding_Aus Server" <>
Subject: Long-billed Dowitcher on Lake Tutchewop
From: "Dean Cutten" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:34:51 +1030
Here is another expert opinion on the Dowitcher identification from Andrew
Haffenden who lives on Dauphin Is, AL and has studied both LBDO & SBDO birds
during migration in that region.  He feels the bird seen at the lake is a
SBDO for the reasons given below.

I was down at Dauphin Is this last weekend and saw just one SBDO which still
exhibited some alternate plumage this late in the season.

Dean Cutten

Victor Harbor, SA

Australia

(Currently in Madison, AL)