birding-aus

White-throated Needletails - 9 Nov

To: "" <>
Subject: White-throated Needletails - 9 Nov
From: Thomas Wilson <>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 11:17:08 +1100
Hi all
the first Sydney sighting for me this season a- flock of 25-30 birds seen
approx 7:45am over my house in North Turramurra (northern Sydney).  They were
low down and circling - feeding on something. The birds were calling as well -
little chittering calls.  All the birds I could ID for sure were WTNTS,
although I looked for Fork-tailed (or other) Swifts as we are encouraged to do
early in the season.
As in prior seasons, I will record my sightings for Mike Tarburton and submit a
total at the end of the summer- I use a very basic spreadsheet to do this.  (I
do this so that if I sees flocks that aren't significant in some way I have a
record but don't clog up b-aus with reports of 5 birds or similar. In the
height of summer I may see a small number of birds for several consecutive days
over my house.) If anybody would like a copy to use for their own recordings,
please contact me offline.
Cheers
Tom Wilson.

<HR>