birding-aus

Yellow Honeyeater on Bribie Island, SEQ

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Yellow Honeyeater on Bribie Island, SEQ
From: Trevor Ford <>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 14:37:04 +1000
G'day,

I'm making this posting (request) in the capacity of chairman of the Bribie Island Rarities Committee and author of the Annotated Checklist of the Birds of Bribie Island. That all sounds rather grand but taking on these tasks was borne from a passion for the birds of Bribie Island and a desire to compile a checklist of accuracy and integrity. And it has been great fun as well!

It has all gone quiet on the Yellow Honeyeater front and I'm really keen to discover what has, or has not, been happening in order to give more power to the rarities committee's decision-making elbow and to ascertain the dates of any sightings for inclusion in any forthcoming versions of the checklist.

Has anyone seen this bird, apart from the finder on Tuesday 28/10 and Greg Roberts on the following Sunday?

Also, and I have to ask this just in case, does anyone know if Yellow Honeyeaters are kept in captivity anywhere in the general area? And in the unlikely event that they are, has one escaped?

Cheers - Trevor Ford.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>