birding-aus

Eaglehawk Pelagic Trip Report - 18/10/2014

To: Birding Aus Aus <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Pelagic Trip Report - 18/10/2014
From: Robert Hamilton <>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:14:39 +1100
Hi everyone,

Thanks  for organising and the  report Paul.

Here are some photos I took on the day including some mediocre Antarctic Prion
shots, but I am not expecting the chance for better shots to come up any time
soon. The other unusual event of the day was having a White-headed Petrel land
in the slick.

http://birdsnmore.smugmug.com/organize/Eaglehawk-Neck-Pelagics/Eaglehawk-Pelagic-18th-October

I had a trip to King Island, with my son James, earlier in the month and
despite the trying weather conditions I managed to do some photography. Rain is
obvious in the background of some photos. Despite the weather we had a
fantastic time getting the game birds, getting the rental car bogged and seeing
a couple of Red-kneed Dotterel which are vagrant to Tasmania. We also saw Mute
Swan, of unknown origin, on Lake Flanagan in the north of the island.

http://birdsnmore.smugmug.com/organize/King-Island

Cheers,

Rob
<HR>