birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update
Date: 27 Oct 2014 08:04:17 +1000
   Birdline Western Australia

   Published sightings for the week ending 26 Oct 2014.

   Wed 22 Oct Grey-crowned Babbler Paraburdoo
   Unfortunately I was driving when I spotted six birds sitting on a bush
   immediately adjoining the road and didn't have a camera handy - would
   have made a great photo! (just out of town on the mine road) I had seen
   individual birds in the area, on several occasions previously but not
   so many together!!
   S. Plunkett
   Tue 21 Oct Shy Heathwren, Western Whipbird. Stirling Range--Mt. Trio
   Rd.
   1 adult Shy Heathwren about 200m down from car park at 630am sat up on
   top of low heath bush right on roadside and sang for about 20 seconds
   twice dropping down between efforts. Bright early sunlight no wind.
   Distinctive white brow, heavily black streaked underparts and wing
   chevron well seen. Bright rufous tail/rump. Cocked tail. A further 1/2
   hour of waiting for another show was fruitless. Western Whipbirds x 2
   heard only in same area about 40m in on southern side.
   Rob Reed
   Tue 7 Oct Oriental Plover Eyre Bird Observatory beach
   Sorry about the late report but just arrived home to Victoria and going
   thru and identifying my photos from my recent trip to SW WA. A group of
   x5 birds on the shore line on the beach in front of EBO. I am told this
   is an unusual sighting for this area.
   Andrew Browne
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list