birding-aus

Swift Parrots??????

Subject: Swift Parrots??????
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:14:40 -0700
I was searching for Turquoise Parrots a few days at Nangar National Park
near Eugowra NSW when out of nowhere a tightly formed flock of brilliant
green parrots whipped accross the sparsely treed field I was in.  They made
no noise whatsoever.  I noted pointed tails and green bodies but that was
it.  DEFINITELY not budgies. I saw the same flock later.  Again tightly
formed about 24 birds and shooting over a field at the forest edge not
pausing to land.  These birds did not strike me as musk lorikeets.  I have
filmed Swifties in Tassie but this flock never offered much of a view.
Could I have possibly seen Swift Parrot this late in Nangar?

Thanks

Don
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list