birding-aus

[no subject]

To: Birding Aus <>
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:46:13 +1000
  Content preview:  G?day While perambulating through a Brisbane park today, I
    chanced upon a BBR persistently calling from cover. The call was similar
   to that of the figbirds feeding nearby and involved a single note repeated
    at 5 second intervals. I circled around and was able to watch the bird. It
    was stationary and possibly sitting. Each time it called, it raised its beak
    and I could see its diaphragm pushing the call out. It called for steadily
    for several minutes and was still calling when I walked away. [...]

 Content analysis details:   (-2.6 points, 5.0 required)

  pts rule name              description
 -0.7 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
 -1.9 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
                             [score: 0.0000]
While perambulating through a Brisbane park today, I chanced upon a BBR per=
sistently calling from cover.  The call was similar to that of the figbirds=
  feeding nearby and involved a single note repeated at 5 second intervals.=
  I circled around and was able to watch the bird.  It was stationary and p=
ossibly sitting.  Each time it called, it raised its beak and I could see i=
ts diaphragm pushing the call out.  It called for steadily for several minu=
tes and was still calling when I walked away.  =

I wondered whether it was a breeding behaviour =85

Regards, Laurie.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>