birding-aus

Fwd: Grasswren, Mallee Emu-wren info wanted

To: New birding-aus <>
Subject: Fwd: Grasswren, Mallee Emu-wren info wanted
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:58:02 +1000
Please see below.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: eagleowl22 <<>>
Date: 14 September 2014 8:19:25 pm AEST
To: "<>"
<<>>,
"<>"
<<>>
Subject: Fw: Grasswren, Mallee Emu-wren info wanted

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van eagleowl22 <<>>
Datum: 14-09-2014 04:29 (GMT+01:00)
Aan <>
Onderwerp Grasswren, Mallee Emu-wren info wanted

Hi guys,

Here I am again. After having searched for Western Grasswren T Wild Dog Hill
(only getting poor views at dusk) and subsequent searches for the abandoned
train station (Peter Waander's info came too late) and looking for them at the
Myall Creek where it crosses the Lincoln Highway I hade no more views.

I will go to Flinder's Range in a few days. I have Tim Dolby's book (which is
awesome by the way) but I was looking for some additional info for the
Grasswrens. What the best techniques are and possible good sites.

So Short-tailed = bare spinifex-covered slopes Stokes Hill.
Striated = Supposedly more difficult to see because of the drought. My time at
McDonald's is running out but basically where to find them.
Black-eared Minder latest info of where abouts would also be very much
appreciated.
The same goes for Red-lored Whistler, only if something has changed!

Mallee Emu-wren, what are my best options, Hattah?

Lots of questions but basically focus on the Grasswrens if not having much time
or motivation to answer ;-)

Hoping to hear something soon,

Best regards,

Pieter de Groot Boersma