birding-aus

Who has been to see the Citrine Wagtail - Survey

Subject: Who has been to see the Citrine Wagtail - Survey
From: "" <>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 06:23:24 +1000
Hello all,

I am a local Mudgee birder and founding member of the "Watershed Landcare
Friends of Putta Bucca Wetlands". See our website:
www.puttabuccawetlands.webs.com

We are carrying out a quick survey to find out who has come to see the Citrine
Wagtail and how far you have travelled to see it.

A similar study was done on the Grey-headed Wagtail seen at Burren Junction NSW
a few years back.

We are hoping to use the data to show the value of the wetlands to the Mudgee
economy and the Australian Birdwatching circuit in light of such significant
birding events!

We would also very much value your bird lists from the Pitta Bucca wetlands as
it contributes to our knowledge of species that occur there. Already two new
species to the wetlands (other than the wagtail!) have been seen as 'bycatch'
by visitors targeting the wagtail. If you havent already, and are happy to,
please submit your list to the 'Putta Bucca Wetlands' hotspot site on eBird
http://ebird.org/content/australia/

We wod greatly appreciate if you would please fill out as many of the following
questions you can, and return to myself or

1.Name:
2.Years spent birding:
3.Where you reside (state and suburb/town):
4.How far you travelled to get to the Putta Bucca wetlands:
6.Did you compile a bird list and submit to ebird?:
7.Did you stay overnight:
8.Where did you stay?:
9. How long did you stay in Mudgee?:

Thank you in anticipation.