birding-aus

Phas Spotting

To: "" <>
Subject: Phas Spotting
From: Roger McNeill <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:30:16 -0700
Last year I posted that we had Brush-tailed Phascogales living in our roof and
were pretty easy to see.  In an attempt to not have them breed in the house
again this year, I set up a feeding station with honey and peanutbutter away
from the house and near some nest boxes.

Unfortunately, they seem to really like both the feeding station and nesting in
the house, so that plan failed miserably.  On the plus side, the assumed to be
female Pas is pretty easy to see an hour or so after dusk as she leaves the
house, runs down the driveway and on to the feeding station for her 'breakfast'.

So before I stop feeding, I thought I would offer the chance to anyone who
wants to try and see a phas.  I don't think this will be the end, becasue if
like last year, when she has babys she will also out quite regularly,
but certainly now...you won't get much eaiser viewings.  Also have gliders
starting to come to the feeding station too.

Drop me a note to  if you are keen.

Cheers,

Roger

Roger McNeill