birding-aus

Short-notice Kerguelen Petrel pelagic off Albany

To: "" <>, "birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Short-notice Kerguelen Petrel pelagic off Albany
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:35:25 +0800
Hi all,

There have been a number of Kerguelen Petrel records in SW WA this winter, both
beachwashed and seawatched from shore. The nature of some of these records
suggests they may be hanging around the shelf off WA so I'm proposing a
short-notice pelagic off Albany (south coast WA) to have a look, if I can get
the interest

The trip would run on the weekend of the 16th & 17th of August. If there is
sufficient interest I'll consider trips on both days, but the more likely
scenario is that it will one or the other.  The boat is available but we need
to confirm ASAP as the skipper needs to juggle other plans to accommodate us.
So if you'd like to come along, please let me know ASAP, and let me know if you
would be interested in one day only or both. If only one day, let me know
whether you could do either Saturday or Sunday, or can only make one of those
days

The cost will be shared as always, $150/person/trip with a full boat of 18,
increasing to $180/person/trip for 15 people. Much less than that and the trip
won't go ahead

Final decision on whether I go ahead will be made by Friday at the latest

Cheers,
John

Sent from my iPhone