birding-aus

Freckled Duck on the Atherton Tablelands + other sightings

To: "Birding_Aus" <>
Subject: Freckled Duck on the Atherton Tablelands + other sightings
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 22:00:49 +1000
Greetings,
At least 13 Freckled Duck on Hasties Swamp yesterday. Pink-eared Duck numbers
are on the increase too.

Saw a Bustard with an extended neck ruff which is odd for this time of year in
the north. Cranes often between Atherton, Malanda and Bromfield Swamp. Many
roosting south of Ball Road which turns off Curtain Fig Road. One Grass Owl
near this junction. My Barn Owls have three chicks this year and one has left
the nest a little early. Could not find it this morning but no feathers either
so hope it is now able to fly. Double-eyed Fig-Parrots in the car park at the
fig but the fruit is almost finished.

Reports of Yellow Wagtail at Black Gully, Tinaroo but not there when I looked.
Regards,
Alan

Alan's Wildlife Tours
2 Mather Road