birding-aus

Aussie Yellow Bittern

To: Andrew Thelander <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Aussie Yellow Bittern
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 01:50:40 +0000
Not sure about HBW's "mainly crepuscular and nocturnal but sometimes
active on overcast days". While this applies obviously for all Ixobrychus
species, in my own experience (having observed all the world's Ixobrychus
species but Schrenck's), YB is the easiest to see out in the open in the
middle of the day.

Nikolas

A/Prof Nikolas Haass | Head, Experimental Melanoma Therapy Group

The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute
Level 6 | Translational Research Institute | 37 Kent Street |
Woolloongabba QLD 4102

T: +61 (0)7 3443 7087 | M: +61 (0)424 603 579
F: +61 (0)7 3443 6966
E:   | W: www.di.uq.edu.au <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>

 <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>
...Turning scientific discoveries into better treatmentsŠ

CRICOS Code 00025B

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you must
take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone. Kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Opinions and information in this email which do not
relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University