birding-aus

Tweed Heads trip plus help with Myzomela ID

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Tweed Heads trip plus help with Myzomela ID
From: Nicholas <>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 21:27:40 +1000
http://tinyurl.com/o5a48cj

http://tinyurl.com/q5stexc

Hi
I spent the past week birdwatching around Tweed Heads. A highlight was a
Mangrove Honeyeater (at Philp Parade) after many attempts.
On a visit to Schuster Park at Tallebudgera to (unsuccessfully) look for the
roosting Barking Owls, I found a small flock of Plumed Whistling-ducks and
three Magpie Geese in the yards behind houses in Daffodil street.
There were also three Wandering Whistling-ducks on a suburban lake in a park at
Banora Point, a pair of Glossy Black-cockatoo flew over Letitia Sandspit (I had
only seen Yellow-tailed Black-cockatoo in the Tweed area before) and there were
two White-eared Monarch at Terranora Broadwater.
The surprising dip for the trip was House Sparrow.
I'm also after some help with an ID for a Myzomela at Terranora Broadwater.
I've included links to two pretty average photos,
Thanks
Nick