birding-aus

Grouse Grand Slam

To: brendan cook <>, "" <>
Subject: Grouse Grand Slam
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:54:32 +0000
Hi Brendan,

April is the time for the famous 'Chicken Run' in Colorado, where you can
get the following grouse at their leks:
Dusky Grouse Dendragapus obscurus
Greater Sage Grouse Centrocercus urophasianus
Gunnison Sage Grouse Centrocercus minimus
Sharp-tailed Grouse Tympanuchus phasianellus
Greater Prairie-chicken Tympanuchus cupido
Lesser Prairie-chicken Tympanuchus pallidicinctus

White-tailed Ptarmigan Lagopus leucura

This leaves you with the following species:
Ruffed Grouse
Spruce (& Franklin's) Grouse
Willow Ptarmigan
Rock Ptarmigan
Sooty Grouse

Cheers,

Nikolas

A/Prof Nikolas Haass | Head, Experimental Melanoma Therapy Group

The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute
Level 6 | Translational Research Institute | 37 Kent Street |
Woolloongabba QLD 4102

T: +61 (0)7 3443 7087 | M: +61 (0)424 603 579
F: +61 (0)7 3443 6966
E:   | W: www.di.uq.edu.au <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>

 <http://www.di.uq.edu.au/>
...Turning scientific discoveries into better treatmentsŠ

CRICOS Code 00025B

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you must
take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone. Kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Opinions and information in this email which do not
relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University