birding-aus

Fan-tailed Cuckoo migration in southern Victoria

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fan-tailed Cuckoo migration in southern Victoria
From: Neville Schrader OAM <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:56:51 +1000
The species occurs in all months in the Central- west with most winter records being on lower western slopes, so there would appear to be a possible altitude movement west from the higher country around Orange. I've no doubt that winter temperatures have some effect on this movement. It will interesting to see if there is any change to this species dispersal pattern with raising temperatures.

Good birding

Neville

-----Original Message----- From: Greg and Val Clancy