birding-aus

Fwd: Gunung Gede (West Java) trip report and guide recommendation

To: "" <>
Subject: Fwd: Gunung Gede (West Java) trip report and guide recommendation
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:17:58 +1000
See below:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Hunter <>
To: "" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I spent the day at Gunung Gede (south of Jakarta) last Tuesday 3rd June 2014.
I really enjoyed the birding and had a great local guide by the name
of Khaleb Yordan  who is strongly recommended.
Khaleb’s birding skills were extremely impressive including his
excellent knowledge of bird calls from species all across Indonesia.
We left my hotel in North Jakarta at 4.30am and arrived at Gunung Gede
around 6.30am (worth noting is that it’s rather cold at the base of
the mountain at this time of the morning).
List of birds seen:

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

Sunda Robin

Javan Fulvetta