birding-aus

An unfortunate way to tick a Frogmouth

To: Nikolas Haass <>, greg clancy <>, Laurie Knight <>, carl clifford <>
Subject: An unfortunate way to tick a Frogmouth
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:50:21 +1030
thanx Nikolas,
yes, I was going to raise the listing of unequivocal signs of presence too but
didn't want to dilute my point
on dead specimens!!

I ALWAYS count species that I have heard but not seen on my lists so long as
i'm dead certain of the ID - but somehow the wider birding community fails to
do so...
this point is just an aside though - I think that the dead specimen/records
issue is an important one that really needs to be reversed by the wider birding
community...
cheers,

martin cachard,
cairns