birding-aus

Spangled Drongo eating brown honeyeater

To: <>
Subject: Spangled Drongo eating brown honeyeater
From: <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 21:18:23 +1000
Gooday all,
Could I suggest that the prey of the Spangled Drongo was a young or fledgling bird of those species mentioned. I have observed S Drongo feeding or taking advantage of fledgling birds at certain times of the year when other prey may be unavailable. But this is not common in my observations so I would consider it more opportunistic than normal behaviour?
What is "normal"

Regards
Jon Wren and Gregg Malone.

-----Original Message----- From: