birding-aus

Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update
Date: 9 Jun 2014 03:01:51 +1000

Birdline Northern Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 8 Jun 2014.

Sat 7 Jun Black breasted buzzard Sturt hwy 18.3 km north of Katherine.
At 21.15 pm the buzzard was sighted at tree torp level interacting with fork tailed kites... it was a large dark adult bird and vivid white panels in the wings wereplainly visible.
Ben Weston

Sat 31 May Rufous Owl Mary River NP
Went spotlighting with this bird in mind. Finally used playback with no apparent result. Jean gazed directly above her and saw a shape two metres directly above her head. She nervously suggested I should pay some attention to it . . . . .first photos were so close I could only capture half of the bird. Retreated 20 metres. Will fix the red-eye when we make it home next year. Could not capture action of celebratory dance which included maypole/polka/high fives.
Jean & Paul Newman

Birdline Northern Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birdlines.