birding-aus

RFI .. history of Australian avifauna

To: <>
Subject: RFI .. history of Australian avifauna
From: "Mick & Marie" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 20:50:07 +1000
Hi all
I’m trying to get an indication of how long ago the general avifauna of this
country became established. I know its a very complicated question, as
evolution is on-going etc, but I’m just looking for a general idea. For
instance, man has been around for tens of thousands of years, but what about
our recognisable bird species ... how long have they been around in more or
less their present form?
Regards all
Mick Brasher