birding-aus

Birding in Malaysia

To: brendan cook <>, "" <>
Subject: Birding in Malaysia
From: Ed Williams <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 06:53:09 +0000
Hi Brendan,
Having done a brief trip to mainland Malaysia with a non-birding wife I can
thoroughly recommend doings some guided day trips from Kuala Lumpur.
I did a trip out from there with Lee Kok Chan of Endemic Guides to the Genting
Highlands and had a excellent days birding (c. 90 species I think) with
Hornbills, Pittas and Broadbills as some of the highlights.
My wife, meanwhile, had a wonderful day's shopping!  It was a win-win.
There are good trips they run from there to Fraser's Hill and to the wetlands
around Kuala Selangor too so you could base yourself there and have several
excellent days out.
If you want more info contact me off-list and I'll dig out my trip report.
Cheers,
Ed