birding-aus

Looks like Ospreys are Doing Well In WA(?)

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Looks like Ospreys are Doing Well In WA(?)
From: Bob <>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 18:09:33 +1000
Hi Folks

I was in Perth working recently and went looking for Rock Parrots last Sunday
along the coast north of Perth, I didn’t find any but saw 6 Osprey. This is
more than I have ever seen before in one day. Three were at Lancelin and three
at Guilderton.

Two at Lancelin were sitting on the south end of the island but the first one I
saw was on top of a power pole at the north end of Lancelin holding a good
sized fish. I took some photos and watched and videoed it for over 12 minutes
until it flew off with the fish. I tried to find where it went to but could not
find it although about an hour later an Osprey which I assume was the same one
landed on another pole with a half eaten fish that looked about the same size.

The three at Guilderton were flying around then all landed together on the
beach until some people walked along the beach toward them. One looked like a
juvenile but I am not sure.

If anyone wants to see the video of the Osprey with the fish and/or pics
contact me directly and I will send.

Cheers

Bob