birding-aus

re Another Morepork has crossed Bass Strait

Subject: re Another Morepork has crossed Bass Strait
From: <>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:46:29 +1000
I was pleasantly surprised to discover a Tas. morepork at Mt Worth at the
weekend. I wouldn't have been aware of the possibility were it not for the
discussion last year regarding Steve Clarke's Hamilton sighting. I wonder how
many have been overlooked, & how many actually migrate to the mainland over
winter. It certainly is worthwhile for spotlighters to familiarise themselves
with the features of this species, &keep a lookout for it.
Brian Johnston