some comments and additions to your list of Herald Petrel records
1. Nov 1962 300km SE of Nowra (Federal waters): See Norris (1965) Notornis
2. Jan 1971 Burleigh Heads Qld: See Vernon & McKean (1972) Emu 72: 115
3. 18 May 1979, 30km E of Ballina: see Izzard & Watson (1980) Australian
Birds 15: 5-6.
4. May 1981 Lihou Reef Qld Waters: See Stokes & Corben (1985) Corella9:
5. May 1981 Wreck Reef Qld Waters: See Stokes & Corben (1985) Corella9:
6. 30 October 1982 Sydney Pelagic (36km offshore): See McBride & Hobcroft
(1984) Australian Birds 19: 53-5.
11. 29 August 2006, Christmas Island, Offshore territory, BARC. I'm sending
the original BARC submission to Rob
North Keeling Island ashore (prospecting?) in the Cocos (Keeling) Islands,
April 1986: Stokes & Goh (1987) Australian Bird Watcher 12, 132–133
A couple of records from WA waters (Johnstone & Storr (1998) Handbook of
Western Australian Birds,
Volume I: Non-passerines. Western Australian
Museum, Perth (but I don't have the reference to hand at present.
Amazingly, a bird found on Round Island in April 2006 had
been banded on Raine Island, Queensland, in July 1984 (James & McAllan (in
press) AFO 31: Suppl.
Birding-Aus mailing list
To change settings or unsubscribe visit: