birding-aus

A vote for conservation...

To: Jim Tate <>, Colin R <>, "" <>
Subject: A vote for conservation...
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, this is an important message and it is great to explain this to the public
in this way.

While the most of the deer in the movie are indeed Elk, which is a native deer
to the region, there is another native deer species shown: a young Mule Deer
(0:40-0:43).

But I did find a few errors though:
(1) Isn't the passerine (2:08-2:10) a Savi's Warbler? I.e a European species?
(2) The still image of the badger shows actually a European Badger, which looks
very different from the native American Badger.
(3) Not sure, which Cottontail the rabbit is. I think it's a European Rabbit,
which doesn't occur in the area.
(4) Not sure about the weasel. It is some kind of a ferret (which indeed is a
weasel species). Doesn't look quite like a Black-footed Ferret.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Brisbane, QLD