birding-aus

Vietnam

To: david robertson <>
Subject: Vietnam
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:14:23 +1100
Interesting - I went some years ago and there were very few birds - but
also very few guides, so at least where there were birds they were not too
hard to see. Was in Thailand earlier this year where there were lots of
birds and lots of guides and in many places the guides had clearings in the
forest and fed the birds mealworms to bring them in. So at least there were
birds (but only if you came with mealworms in some places!) but not exactly
what one would hope for. Big signs in some places forbidding feeding but no
sign of enforcement.