birding-aus

Fw: 'Black headed gull' at Randwick actually Rosehill, NSW today

To: martin cachard <>
Subject: Fw: 'Black headed gull' at Randwick actually Rosehill, NSW today
From: "cgregory123 ." <>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:49:33 +1100
You are correct that 3pm in Brisbane is not in fact 2pm EST in Sydney (as
Paul thought) but 4pm.

And further for the record. On watching a recording of Race 6 the three
Ibis at the home turn, which flew up in front of the horses were in fact
Australian White Ibis. At a pinch on TV they could be mistaken for Black
headed gulls. It was raining, visibility was poor and they are on screen
for no more than two seconds.

All in all - a bit of a wild ibis chase!
Cheers
Chris Gregory