birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>, <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:05:05 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, February 3, 2014 to Sunday, February 9, 2014:

Area: SA

Date: Sunday, February 2, 2014

Location: Point Avoid, Coffin Bay NP

Fork-tailed Swift (Apus pacificus) (200+) Steady stream of birds flying towards
NW.  About 200+ seen during half hour observation.

Reported by: John Fennell on Monday, February 3, 2014

Date: Thursday, February 6, 2014

Location: Onkaparinga National Park S.A.......Upper Gorge region adjacent N.P.
gate #10 on Piggott Range Road at the start of the Echidna Trail walk.

Rainbow Bee-eater (Merops ornatus) (2) Only my second sighting in 5 years of
this species in the Onkaparinga NP, not regular visitors from my observations.
Only noticed the pair when I heard tapping noises high in a tree as the bird
were stunning their Bee dinners by bashing them on a branch. No camera on hand
at time of sighting, by the time I returned with camera they were not to be
found again

Reported by: Colin Cock on Thursday, February 6, 2014

Need more information about a sighting? Login and contact the poster directly.

Receive sightings via email or SMS immediately they are posted.

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).

To find out more about Birdpedia and what it can do for you, see 'What is
Birdpedia?'