birding-aus

WTNT near Gloucester

Subject: WTNT near Gloucester
From: PennyDB <>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:47:17 +1100

40 to 50 White-throated Needletails seen flying low over the Gloucester River and nearby paddocks Saturday 1st February at 10am.

First I've seen in the Gloucester area for several years, but I don't go out regularly looking and anyway it is such a large area to cover. Rivers are still running but very very low and the paddocks look like toast.

Had a pair of Boobooks roosting in my mulberry tree on the 31st January - a nice surprise.