birding-aus

Grey Phalarpoe still in Darwin

To: Peter Marsh <>, <>, Bob and Trish Sothman <>
Subject: Grey Phalarpoe still in Darwin
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:14:18 +0930
If by "wild women" you mean me, then let me assure you the senior Larrakia
women would give similar warnings on dogs and crocodiles.  Perhaps you mean
all of us.

But it's good to hear you took care, for example wearing insect repellent.
One January I acquired Ross River virus at Leanyer, and it's not a disease
I'd like again.

Oh, and the "irate caretaker" - on several occasions Martin noticed birders
outside and let them in.  He took care of the birds and when he could, the
birders.  But he could come down hard on fools, and there were a few,
including some who actually fell in the Ponds.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PO Box 71,  Darwin River,
NT 0841
043 8650 835