birding-aus

Access to Leanyer Ponds (Grey Phalarope)

To: "'Denise Goodfellow'" <>, "'Jeremy O'Wheel'" <>, "'Helen Larson'" <>
Subject: Access to Leanyer Ponds (Grey Phalarope)
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:18:40 +1100
Just heard an ABC radio correspondent from the NT talk about the Grey
Phalarope and the Leanyer Sewage Ponds to Richard Glover, radio host of ABC
702 (local ABC radio station in Sydney), just a few minutes ago.  He said
that Leanyer SP was currently closed to bird-watchers because there was a
crocodile in there.  I suppose ABC Sydney radio thought it was worth
broadcasting from a human interest point of view - Twitchers (who are
arriving from around the country to see the phalarope) versus Saltwater
Crocodile.

Regards,
Stephen

Stephen Ambrose