birding-aus

Nusa Dua WTP, Bali

Subject: Nusa Dua WTP, Bali
From: Bird Tours SA <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 11:58:44 +1030
Hi Michael,
Sorry I only just saw this.
I was there in late Nov last year. It is still brilliant. No cost but greet the
workers who may ask you to sign in.
It is easy to get to especially with the new toll road from near the airport
direct into Nusa2.
Depending on where you are staying,  grab a cab from anywhere (I like Blue Bird
or Bali taxi) and ask for a meter unless you plan to hire the driver for the
day then negotiate BEFORE setting off. From Kuta it should be around 75,000
($7.50) and 10,000 for the toll. Get them to head to Benoa Harbour via the
toll. Once you exit the Toll you head towards Nusa2. The next major road to the
left at a traffic light is signed Benoa, turn here. This hugs the Mangroves.
About 2 k's you will see a large wall. This is the ponds. If you get to an
intersection you have gone too far. The gate is at the beginning (west end) of
the wall. Get the cab driver to drop you there. Tell him you will be about 2
hours if birding, longer if taking photos. I usually allow 3. They will usually
wait around. If not stand out the front after and one will eventually come by.
Go early in the morning that way you can be back at the hotel before breakfast
closes at 10:30!! It is light around 5:30. But it is also great in the
afternoon, but maybe not in rainy season.
If you are staying in Nusa2 then just walk there. It would be around 20mins
depending on where you are.

You can find the site here:
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L1070211

You can check my blog here:
http://stevepotteradventures.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/nusa-dua-wtp-november-12-2013.html

Wear shoes! Bali is tempting to just wear thongs but it is a Sewerage Treatment
plant after all!
Walk clockwise around the perimeter. Look in the mangroves as well for waders
etc. Keep you eye on the sky for Raptors and Frigate-birds.

Have fun.

Steve Potter
Bird Tours SA
p: (+61) 0407398234
e:
w: www.birdtourssa.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/birdtourssa
blog: http://steve-potter.blogspot.com.au

Nusa Dua WTP, Bali
from [Michael Wood]     [Permanent Link][Original]