birding-aus

Frasers Hill vs Cameron Highlands?

To: Bob Ashford <>
Subject: Frasers Hill vs Cameron Highlands?
From: Helen Larson <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 22:50:28 +1000
Go to Fraser's! You can walk to many spots. We have always stayed in the rest
houses with friends (fabulous to have a cook) but impractical if not in a group
to share costs (plus awkward to book). The little Chinese restaurant does good
food. Have not used a guide there - have always had birdy friends with us and
we've worked out the birds among ourselves.
Can recommend birding around The Gap rest house at dawn - not sure if it's
still open. But different birds/different altitude there so worthwhile to look.
Helen

Sent from my iPhone