birding-aus

Bell Birds

To: Roger Giller <>
Subject: Bell Birds
From: Paul McDonald <>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 00:17:05 +1100
Dear Roger,
The poem is spot on about the plumage, they are a surprisingly colourful and
pretty bird up close, though far more subtle than an outlandish lorikeet.

Look at the overwing coverts on some googled images and you'll see what the
text presumably refers to, they have an almost iridescent purple 'shoulder' in
the right light. Also a very neat bird in the hand, barring you ending up
resembling a pin cushion by the end of the day!

Cheers
Paul