birding-aus

Some good news and some bad news

To: "Russell Woodford" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Some good news and some bad news
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 04:19:09 +1000
Greetings Russell

What is the world [of Australian birding] coming to? No sooner do we hear that eremaea has decided to bed down with eBird than we learn of the divorce between birding-aus and vicnet. Calamity upon calamity. What next? Shall we learn that the Board of Birdlife Australia decrees the feeding of wild birds on a home birdfeeder [practised by millions around the birding globe] as, after all, an acceptable pastime? Will they rescind their fatwa on domestic pussies?

Sad as it is Russell, that's modern technology for you; passing ships in the night. What is new today is old, fuddy-duddy, tomorrow and never the twain shall meet.

It's your forum Russell, do as you wish with it although I would say that as you seem to have already established a platform with Yahoo [albeit a rather uninspiring name for a host] stick to that. I am no technocrat and would be loathe to have to steer myself through even more of that geeky stuff.

Cheers

Julian