birding-aus

Sydney Pelagics - status

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Sydney Pelagics - status
From: "Roger McGovern" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:34:48 +1100
Just to update Peter Madvig's posting regarding the status of Sydney pelagic
trips. Hal and I have identified a potential boat which could be suitable
and are hoping to get a trip organised for Saturday 8 February 2014. We
haven't yet met with the owner to discuss the commercial arrangements but it
is quite a large vessel which could mean minimum passenger numbers of 20 -
25 to break even. There is also the issue of weather cancellation since
Sydney Harbour charter operators are not often exposed to this problem as
they do not normally venture out to the shelf.

We will keep you updated and, in the meantime, have a great holiday season
and good pelagic birding to all in 2014.

Cheers

Roger McGovern