birding-aus

"There is zero added functionality to a novel"

To: Richard Nowotny <>
Subject: "There is zero added functionality to a novel"
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:08:07 +1100
There is also a lot of basic 'value added' through the platform rather than
the specific ebook.

By way of example I grew up in the Dengie Peninsula in Essex UK (in birding
terms think Bradwell Bird Observatory).  With an iPad ebook of H G Wells
"War of the Worlds" I was able to, pretty much instantaneously:

   - find the mentions of Tillingham (the next village West of Bradwell)
   and then
   - search the 'net to see what was there about Tillingham (not much, but
   I do now know it hasn't changed much since I left the area in 1968).

I don't think there is a dead-tree version of the novel that allows either
of those activities.

Martin

--
Martin Butterfield